Legal bumph fills us with as much joy as it probably does you, but these terms and conditions are a necessary part of any work we take on. We believe in building genuine working relationships with those we work with through personal service and ethical trading.
Please read the terms and conditions carefully, but please do get in touch if you have any questions.
Last updated on 1 October 2019.
By commissioning consultancy services from Dotjay Ltd, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions. We reserve the right to update these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice, but the latest version can always be found on this page.
Customers own conditions of purchase or buyer’s standard conditions shall not apply unless accepted in writing in advance.
- We reserve the right to refuse to construct a web site which we may judge as unfit due to content or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited by, sites containing adult oriented material, sites which promote hatred towards persons belonging to any ethnic group, religion or sexual orientation and sites which infringe copyright or are contrary to UK laws.
- The acceptance of a commission shall be deemed as a contractual agreement between the client and Dotjay Ltd and its suppliers and agreement to the terms and conditions herein.
- For larger commissions as defined by Dotjay Ltd, a payment of 25% of the full charges are due prior to starting work on a project. A further payment of 50% is due at the time of production of a ‘beta’ version for final content edits. The balance of 25% will be due the time of launch, as defined in the project proposal and specification. For individual projects or bodies of work Dotjay Ltd may vary the payment terms as necessary. Any variation in payment terms will be clearly stated in the quotation for the body of work. Variation to the payment terms do not affect the remaining terms and conditions as described in the rest of this document.
- Dotjay Ltd and its suppliers cannot always guarantee to start work immediately on a commission but will arrange a date with the client as to when work can commence. Delivery schedules for work where required will be defined in the specification for the commission but Dotjay Ltd accepts no responsibility for delays caused by suppliers or contributors including, but not limited to, contributions that are to be made by the client. If a delivery schedule is not explicitly stated in the specification then Dotjay Ltd will deliver the commissioned body of work within a reasonable time according to the amount of work necessary to complete the commission.
- Dotjay Ltd will produce a detailed proposal and specification for the commission in collaboration with the client. When engaging the services of Dotjay Ltd the proposal and specification is deemed to be the full body of work to be completed. If, following approval of the specification and during the Website Development Cycle the client wishes to make changes to the specified work then Dotjay Ltd will produce a revised quotation that defines any extra charges to be incurred. Acceptance of this further quotation will be taken as agreement to commission a separate body of work from that defined in the original proposal and will not supersede or cancel the original agreement except when explicitly stated.
- All material, both text and images, supplied by the client will remain the client’s property. The client is responsible for securing all necessary licenses or permissions for content that is supplied to Dotjay Ltd. All such material supplied by the client will be assumed to be the property of the client and therefore free to use in any development without fear of breach of copyright laws.
- The copyright for all material provided by Dotjay Ltd and its suppliers, such as code, graphics, photographs, images and text, will remain the property of Dotjay Ltd and its suppliers until such time as payment has been made in full whereupon they will become the property of the client.
- Dotjay Ltd and its suppliers makes every effort to design the pages which display acceptably in standards compliant browsers to the standard moderated by the World Wide Web Consortium automatic validation tools for HTML, XHTML and their variants, but cannot accept responsibility for pages which do not display acceptably in new versions of browsers released after pages have been designed.
- If a client wishes Dotjay Ltd and its suppliers to promote a web site as a separate commission, Dotjay Ltd and its suppliers will make every reasonable effort to promote the website effectively but cannot guarantee high placings in search engine results.
- Dotjay Ltd and its suppliers can accept no responsibility or liability if any search engine, online directory or search site does not index the web site fully or display the web site in search results.
- Dotjay Ltd and its suppliers will initially place the client’s website on one of Dotjay Ltd and its suppliers’ demonstration servers during the Website Development Cycle so that the client may view the website’s progress. When both Dotjay Ltd and its suppliers and the client agree that the website meets the criteria agreed during the commissioning process, Dotjay Ltd and its suppliers will invoice the client for the full amount due for the commission. On receipt of payment, Dotjay Ltd and its suppliers will publish the website on the client’s server, or provide the source code for the site via a download for the client to upload.
- If at any point during the Website Development Cycle a client wishes to cancel, they may do so but will be invoiced an amount that Dotjay Ltd and its suppliers in it’s sole judgment deems to be appropriate for the amount of work completed on the commission up to the point of cancellation. Dotjay Ltd and its suppliers will make every reasonable effort to supply the work done to the point of cancellation immediately following receipt of all outstanding payments. Dotjay Ltd will charge a reasonable fee for any extra time spent in transferring the work already completed to the client or any person or persons nominated by the client and include these in a final invoice prior to transfer of files. Dotjay Ltd will not be liable for support or further services to the client or their nominees unless arranged by agreement.
- If, during the Website Development Cycle, the client does not supply the content required in order to complete the commission within a reasonable amount of time (14 days), Dotjay Ltd and its suppliers will consider that the client wishes to cancel the commission. Paragraph 12 will then apply.
- The full balance of all invoices is due 14 days after issue of the invoice unless stated otherwise. We reserve the right to charge statutory interest on late payments in accordance with late payment legislation, which consists of 8% plus the Bank of England base rate, as well as any debt recovery costs.
- Quotations for services will be valid for one calendar month from the date of invoice. The cost of goods and materials may fluctuate to reflect any changes imposed by our suppliers. All quotations are excluding VAT which will be applied at the rate applicable at the time invoices are raised.
- Any payment returned by the bank or credit card company will incur a £60 administration charge. This will be invoiced and will be added to the total outstanding debt owed by the client.
- Any late payments made in relation to amounts owing to Dotjay Ltd and its suppliers that are received outside the 14-day invoicing period will be subject to an administration fee of £60 in respect of each reminder letter or email sent. In addition interest at 12% per annum will be added. If any additional administration work or outside agency is used in collecting the debt then these costs will be added to the account.
- Dotjay Ltd and its suppliers does not undertake to maintain or update a client’s website as part of the design commission. If a client wishes Dotjay Ltd and its suppliers to maintain or update a web site as a separate commission, Dotjay Ltd and its suppliers will negotiate with the client a maintenance contract appropriate to the amount of work required. Web site maintenance may also be undertaken on a time and materials basis if the client so wishes.
- Dotjay Ltd and its suppliers reserves the right to alter prices at any time without notice. If a client has commissioned any services from Dotjay Ltd and its suppliers prior to a change in prices, that commission will not be subject to any increase, but any subsequent commission may be subject to an increase.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions your statutory rights are not affected.
ACCEPTANCE OF AGREEMENT
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU HAVE INDEPENDENTLY EVALUATED THE DESIRABILITY OF THE SERVICE AND ARE NOT RELYING ON ANY REPRESENTATION AGREEMENT, GUARANTEE OR STATEMENT OTHER THAN AS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT.